ISLAND GREEN WOODWORKING




Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Cherry Finish For Poplar - Part 2

The spray finishes I'll be using are quality professional finishes from Gemini Coatings specifically, NGR (non grain raising) dyes and oils stains, I have a small sample of a water based concentrate to try as well, together with General Finishes water based dye and stain.


This is my practice board. The table top has lots of sapwood and heartwood so I need to play a little. My only concern since my table was previously finished...the dye and stain will react totally different than my fresh practice board but the color should be close. I'm looking for a brownish tone cherry.




My color range is a dark old cherry bed post (pictured to the left) and a lighter cherry board (pictured to the right) Looking forward to using a professional spray on product like Gemini Coatings. So on to the next step which is a little play time experimenting with various finishes looking for that perfect color combination.


No comments: